Our Independent Living with Support schemes are ideal for people aged 55 or over who can manage in their own home but who may need a little help to stay independent.
What facilities are available?
All our independent schemes come with the following facilities for your safety and comfort:
- Bedroom, lounge area, kitchen and bathroom / wet room
- Electric cookers
- Central heating
- Modern scheme manager call equipment
- 24-hour scheme manager and alarm service
- High-tech equipment to meet your individual needs
- Camera-monitored door entry systems
- Fully-integrated fire alarm system linked directly to the fire service
- Shared lounge and laundry room
Is Independent Living with Support right for you?
- Independent Living with Support is not a nursing or care home and unfortunately it is not the right option if you need full-time care or support
- Independent Living with Support may be the right option if you need some assistance to help you live independently
- All tenants have their own flat or bungalow
- There is a scheme manager available within the schemes, Monday to Friday, to ensure the safety of the tenants who live there
- When the scheme manager is not on site, a Control Centre, which is manned 24-hours-a-day, ensures the safety of tenants
- Our community support team work 24 hours a day to provide a rapid response service if tenants need assistance
- Modern technology is used to ensure the safety of tenants eg flood detectors, carbon monoxide detectors and exit sensors
- Many independent schemes have a range of activities arranged by the tenants with the help of the warden. These may include coffee mornings, trips out and lunches
- Many schemes also have walk-in showers, car parking and gardens while some have specialist assistive bathing facilities
Hare Hill Extra Care
Find out more about our purpose-built Extra Care scheme, Hare Hill in Littleborough.