If you claim Universal Credit, you will be asked to update your housing costs after the rent increase date in April. To do this, you will need to review your online Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) journal ‘to do’ list.

Please only complete your journal “to do” list on or after 1st April to confirm your new rent amount. It is important that you do not do anything before this date.

If you do not report this change, you will receive less money than you are entitled to.

If you have any problems, you need to contact the DWP directly – you can call them on 0800 328 5644.