To help improve the the quality of housing and services for social housing tenants, the Regulator of Social Housing has drafted four revised consumer standards. The standards set expectations that social housing landlords, like RBH, have to meet.
- The Safety and Quality Standard is about making sure landlords offer tenants homes that are good and safe to live in and good services.
- The Transparency, Influence and Accountability Standard says that landlords should have good relationships with their tenants.
- The Neighbourhood and Community Standard says landlords should help make sure tenants live in safe and well-kept neighbourhoods.
- The Tenancy Standard says how landlords should rent homes to tenants and look after and end tenancies.
Have your say!
The Regulator wants to know what you think about the ideas within each of the four standards.
Do you think these are the things that Landlords should do? Is there anything missing?
We’d also like to know your thoughts, and to understand which of these standards is most important to you.
There are a number of ways that you can provide feedback. You can:
Join us at a community drop-in session near you throughout September - our team will be available from 12 noon until 2pm at each drop-in to talk about the consumer standards.
Join us at one of our virtual sessions over Zoom - Monday 25th September (6-7pm) or Thursday 28th September (1-2pm). Click here to register to attend.
Write to us at RBH, Unique Enterprise Centre, Belfield Road, Rochdale, OL16 2UP
Call us on 0800 027 7769
Please make sure you send your feedback to us by Friday 6th October 2023.
If you’d like to feedback directly to the Regulator you can do this by:
- Emailing your response to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posting your response to: Consumer Standards Consultation, Regulator of Social Housing, Referrals and Regulatory Enquiries Team, Level 2 – 7-8 Wellington Place Leeds LS1 4AP
- Alternatively, you can fill in a questionnaire online
You need to send your answers back to the Regulator by 17 October 2023.