We understand life has ups and downs. We all sometimes need a little extra support to help us get back on track.
Our tenancy sustainment service is available if you have:
- Never managed your own tenancy before.
- Had to move home for personal safety reasons – i.e., domestic abuse
- Need help to remain living safely in your home
- No essential furniture items
- Difficulties paying your rent
- Help you settle into your new home.
- Support you through life’s ups and downs.
- Help you with practical actions including paying bills, setting up utility accounts and checking your benefits.
- Guide you towards specialist help and support as appropriate.
- Support your health and wellbeing.
What does our support include?
Our service includes:
- An assessment of your needs.
- A named case advisor with a direct telephone and email address
- Regular contact, either in person or by phone.
- Working with you in an open and honest way and listening to what you want
Keeping you safe
We work in partnership with other agencies. Our tenancy sustainment advisors work with tenants who are at risk of harm to make sure they are protected. If you, or someone you know is affected by neglect, harm, abuse, or exploitation from others please get in touch using the form below or through any of the other ways here. Always call the police on 999 or other relevant emergency service if you are in danger.
We will be open and honest with you at all times, explaining what we can and can’t do. When we don’t have the solution, we will refer you to a partner who does. Help us with this by being equally open and honest with us.
We will be an advocate for you and challenge any service decisions where we feel the right outcome has not been achieved, based on your circumstances and information you provided. Help us with this by telling us of any changes in your circumstances.