RBH is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and partners. The information we collect from you is only that which is required by us to provide you with the information, and/or services you have requested. When you submit your personal details to us as described below you will be deemed to consent to their use by us in the ways indicated. This privacy statement explains how we may use information supplied or collected from you or via other sources.
This site has links to and from other online services provided by other organisations (such as Local Authorities) and RBH is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of those websites.
We gather collective information about all of our users to provide us with statistics about the popularity and success of the services we offer. This information helps us determine what is most beneficial for our customers, and how we can continuously improve services. We may share this impersonal data with our partners to monitor and improve services and performance.
If you are a customer/tenant, we will retain your information for the duration of your tenancy and for a period of up to 7 years thereafter.
Please note that any telephone calls made to RBH may be recorded and/or monitored for training and data protection purposes.
To register with RBH you must provide some of your personal data, including name, address, telephone number etc. The information collected during registration is required for several reasons including:
- to allow us to contact you to provide the service requested;
- to customize the content of our site to meet your specific needs;
- to make you aware of additional products and services that you may find of interest and;
- to contact you regarding site updates and enhancements.
We use your personal information as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 in accordance with all relevant data protection legislation including the Data Protection Act 1998.
Cookies in themselves do not personally identify users, although they do identify a user's computer. Our web-servers may automatically store the following Information about you: your ISP, your IP address, your web browser type and version, the number of colours your screen is displaying, your operating system, the URL you clicked to get to the website, time/ date, http accept string (e.g. mime data types that the browser accepts), the locale setting of the computer/ browser and all other data made available by your browser and this Information is used to make the website operate more efficiently.
You do not have to provide any Information in order to use the website. Access to certain sections and features of the Website is dependant upon the provision of Information and without that Information we may be unable to provide such access or features. You may be asked to provide the following Information in the course of using the Website such as a valid e-mail address and/or your name and address.
Protecting your information
There is an element of risk involved with sending information via the Internet. It is your responsibility to take appropriate precautions to protect your personal information when accessing on-line resources. Ensuring your operating system and Internet browser are updated with relevant security patches, and the use of other security products, can help reduce this risk.
RBH is committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information. By 'your information' we mean any information about you that you or third parties provide to us.
- We will only collect and use your information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so
- We will be transparent in our dealings with you and will tell you about how we will collect and use your information
- If we have collected your information for a particular purpose we will not use it for anything else unless you have been informed and, where relevant, your permission obtained
- We will not ask for more information than we need for the purposes for which we are collecting it
- We will update our records when you inform us that your details have changed
- We will continue to review and assess the quality of our information
- We will implement and adhere to information retention policies relating to your information and will ensure that your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period
- We will observe the rights granted to you under applicable privacy and data protection laws and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are promptly and transparently dealt with
- We will train our staff on their privacy and data protection obligations
- We will ensure we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information regardless of where it’s held
- We will ensure that when we outsource any processes the supplier has appropriate security measures in place and will contractually require them to comply with these Privacy Principles
- We will only retain your information for as long as is necessary
Use of Information
We will use Information as follows:
- To enable us to deliver services as requested by you including such transfer of Information to partners, employees, agents and third parties as required for this purpose.
- For internal administration purposes.
- To market services related to you by phone, e-mail, text or letter
- Information will be stored upon computer servers which are located in the UK only for the purpose of operating the website and providing the requested/agreed services.
- We may transfer Information as required to obtain legal advice, comply with legal requirements, protect our rights and property, and the safety of our employees, clients, suppliers and others.
Data Protection Rights
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you certain rights including a right to request a copy of your Information and to have inaccurate Information corrected.
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) is the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest and promote openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.
RBH and its associated companies is registered with the ICO under the following references.
RBH – Reg No Z3003566
RBH Design and Build – Reg No Z3003597
RBH Professional – Reg No Z300357X
Safegard Security Solutions Limited – Reg No Z2343929
For more information on data protection legislation and related matters please visit the Information Commissioner's website at www.dataprotection.gov.uk
Updates to this Privacy Statement
RBH will update this Privacy Statement in response to customer, partner or visitor feedback and/or to comply with changes to relevant legislation. In the event of material changes to this statement, or how personal information is used, RBH will post an appropriate announcement on the home page of this website.
Want to know more?
If you remain concerned about information disclosure or have any questions about this Privacy Statement or your dealings with RBH you can contact us via our Data Protection Officer via the address below.
Data Protection Officer
Rochdale Boroughwide Housing