Pass It On
Getting all the furniture you need for your new home can be expensive - but we’re here to help!
We’ve set up a furniture re-use scheme to help customers kit out their home.
We collect furniture people no longer need, check it over and where necessary clean and repair it before passing it on at very affordable prices!
Please also see our Community RePaint scheme which has details of how you can decorate your home at low cost.
Why is there a charge for the furniture?
It costs wages and diesel to collect items and we then have to check, repair, store and deliver them.
Making a small charge allows us to keep the scheme going and support more people.
We are a mutual society and the Pass it On scheme is a great example of how people can help one another.
How does the scheme work?
Our scheme is run from a secure store room which is not open to the public. This means
- What we’ve got depends on what comes in. Unfortunately we can’t show people round to look at what is available.
- You tell us what you need, we check what’s in and if we’ve got it you can have it.
- If we haven’t got anything suitable in, we can take your name and get back to you when something becomes available.
- You pay up front and leave us a number to arrange delivery.
- Delivery is included in the charge but if you’re not in and we have to come back, then unfortunately we will have to charge you extra for time and diesel.
If you need furniture or would like to donate furniture then please call us on 079761 20233 or 079761 20234 and we will do our best to help.
RBH Paint Shop and Community RePaint
We're delighted to announce that our dedicated RBH Paint Shop is now open - so you can give your home a makeover at an affordable price!
RBH is part of the Community RePaint network, making sure that as much unwanted or surplus paint is re-used as possible. As well as helping customers the scheme also brings major environmental benefits as it reduces the amount of items sent to landfill. It’s a great idea that fits perfectly with our mutual values.
We've offered this paint through our "pass it on" scheme for some time, and with demand high, our Paint Shop at 271 Olney in Freehold (which is just a short hop from St Alban's House) is now open from Monday to Friday from 10am until 1pm.
The Paint Shop is open to RBH customers and non-customers alike, but there is an exclusive 10% discount for RBH tenant and employee members. Paint is donated by local trade outlets, contractors and through the Community RePaint network. The paint is all good quality, including top brands such as Dulux, but is available at a fraction of the price of high street retailers.
For further information, please call 07816 078 357.
Pass It On Charges
White goods and electrical items
- Electric cooker: £40
- Fridge freezer: £35
- Fridge: £25
- Microwave: £15
Large furniture items
- Double bed and mattress: £30
- Double bed frame: £20
- Double wardrobe: £20
- Sofa: £20
- Dining sets (table and chairs): £20
- Single bed and mattress: £20
- Single bed frame: £15
- Set of drawers: £15
- Armchair: £15
Small furniture items
- Desk: £10
- Cot: £10
- Coffee table: £10
- Bookcase: £10
- TV stand: £10
- Bedding bundle: £10
- Bedside cabinet: £5
- Towel bundle: £5
- Kitchen pack: £5 (additional £5 to include kettle/toaster)
- Starter pack (5 litres of paint, set of brushes, tray and roller set): £10
Additional paint is available to buy in a range of neutrals and colours.
- 2.5 Litre Tub: £5
- 5 Litre Tub: £8
- 10 Litre Tub: £15
Special offer pack (3 large furniture items and 1 small furniture item plus a paint starter pack): £65