Repairs: what we promised
- Improved repairs response times: Attend emergency (working hours) repairs within 2 hours and make safe in 12 hours for severe problems. Attend within 24 hours to avoid serious health & safety problems; Complete urgent repairs within 3 working days; Attend and complete routine repairs within 10 working days
- RBH would clearly publicise the types of repairs that come under each priority
- RBH would be committed to ensuring that the repairs service received by tenants is prompt, efficient, courteous, provides value for money and compliments the planned maintenance programme
- Offer a repairs freephone number post transfer
Repairs: what we've delivered
- We introduced our freephone number 0800 027 7769 in March 2013 - not just for repairs but for all calls to RBH. For emergency repairs this number operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- We've improved repair response times following the introduction of our new repairs policy in 2016. Our new response times are considered amongst the fastest amongst similar housing providers. Our new appointment timescales provide our customers with a greater level of convenience for appointed repairs.
- The new repair policy and repair handbook were developed during 2016 which publicise the typical repairs that come under each priority. Our new policy was introduced in April 2016 and our revised repair handbook is nowavailable in an electronic version on the RBH website.
- We're providing a good service - according to our latest survey results over 98% of our customers are satisfied with their repair work. We continue to learn lessons when we don't get it right.
- We're providing value for money - the Homes Panel tested our empty homes team in 2016 and gave positive feedback. We've reduced our costs by almost £1m across the repairs team in the "Facing The Future" process whilst keeping our quality and performance high.
- We work closely with our planned maintenance team to provide value for money and make sure that disruption to our tenants is kept to a minimum. Our in-house contracts team provide an excellent service while working on planned maintenance projects.
- We have also successfully introduced a handyperson service for qualifying RBH members. Find out more at www.rbh.org.uk/membership
Your Most Memorable Moments
Getting involved in our celebrations
In April, May and June we'll be sharing with you what we're done to keep the 50 promises we made when we took over ownership of the homes formerly owned by the Council. We’ll post information online and via social media and invite you to send in your ‘Most Memorable Moments’ (your MMMs) of the past five years.
Your most memorable moment might be something that was life changing - like moving into your home or starting work for RBH. It might be something that had a big impact: new kitchen or bathroom or meeting a new neighbour or colleague. It may be something that was difficult: the floods last Christmas spring to mind or an emergency repair. It might be equally be something very simple.
We want to know what stands out in your memory. We want to hear your stories. We will add your MMM comments and photos to each promise to create an online album to share everyone’s experiences. We will showcase the album at our “All Together” Annual Members Meeting on 12 September.
As an added bonus, everyone who submits a memory will be entered into a draw to win £200 in shopping vouchers!