What We Promised: The Local Environment
- Improved community caretaking and cleaning services
- Look at ways to respond faster to environmental issues and problem areas
- Work with tenants to agree a new Neighbourhood Quality Standard (NQS)
- Work more widely with Groundwork to tackle poorly maintained estate areas
- Environmental work not carried out by the ‘in-house’ operatives will be carried out by approved competent contractors
- Within the first year after transfer we will carry out a new environmental audit of every neighbourhood
What we delivered: environment
- Creation of Service Standards - setting quality and service levels for what we do
- Sweeping of pathways - all pathways that RBH is responsible for have been identified and are checked on a fortnightly rota
- Before 2013 caretakers tackled all types of jobs no matter what their level of expertise. We now have specific teams to deal with particular issues such as a Stairwell Team. This has increased the quality of service we provide.
- By doubling up team members on tip runs we have reduced the number of vans used by half.
- We doubled the number of caretakers with weed spraying licenses and bought more efficient spraying equipment and stronger pesticides. This has improved our ability to control weeds and the look of our areas.
- We work more closely with the Ground Maintenance team to co-ordinate work and improve neighbourhoods
Some of our investment included:
- Cutgate £320k improvement project for driveways, vehicle access crossings, garden paths and new parking bay
- Pot Hall, Heywood £470k improvement project for driveways, vehicle access crossings, garden paths and refurbishment of selected footways
- Spotland £33k improvement project for installation of driveways, vehicle access crossings, garden paths and refurbishment of selected footways
- Holt, Milnrow and Stansfield £592k improvement project for driveways, vehicles access crossings, garden paths and upgrading of green spaces
- Chesham, Castleton £273k improvement project for driveways, vehicle access crossings, garden paths and refurbishment of selected paths
- Ravendale £64k provision of security fencing and general landscaping
- Bentgate, Newhey £77k improvement project for driveways, vehicle access crossings, garden paths and refurbishment of selected paths
- Hollin, Middleton £830k upgrade of rear courtyard areas, security fencing, refuse storage facilities, installation of soft and hard landscaping, resurfacing of access road and improved parking
- Skye £212k improvement project of new driveways and general soft landscaping
- Kirkholt £975k improvement project for driveways, vehicle access crossings, garden paths and the creation of new parking bays
- Cheapside, Middleton £98k installation of security fencing , creation of a new parking spaces on a former garage site and soft and hard landscaping
- Higher Wood Street, Middleton £152k improvement to upgrade rear courtyard areas, installation of security fencing, soft and hard landscaping and domestic fencing
Your Most Memorable Moments
Getting involved in our celebrations
In April, May and June we'll be sharing with you what we're done to keep the 50 promises we made when we took over ownership of the homes formerly owned by the Council. We’ll post information online and via social media and invite you to send in your ‘Most Memorable Moments’ (your MMMs) of the past five years.
Your most memorable moment might be something that was life changing - like moving into your home or starting work for RBH. It might be something that had a big impact: new kitchen or bathroom or meeting a new neighbour or colleague. It may be something that was difficult: the floods last Christmas spring to mind or an emergency repair. It might be equally be something very simple.
We want to know what stands out in your memory. We want to hear your stories. We will add your MMM comments and photos to each promise to create an online album to share everyone’s experiences. We will showcase the album at our “All Together” Annual Members Meeting on 12 September.
As an added bonus, everyone who submits a memory will be entered into a draw to win £200 in shopping vouchers!