Working for RBH
Rochdale Boroughwide Housing (RBH) is the UK’s first tenant and employee co-owned mutual housing society, with 13,000 homes throughout the local area.
By working together we provide better places for our members, tenants and employees to live and work. Drawing on the area’s rich co-operative heritage, our pioneering model places members at the heart of decision-making, allowing everyone to enjoy a sense of security and belonging in places we make great together.
We expect all colleagues to share our Vision, Values and Competencies. We encourage colleagues and our customers to nominate anyone who demonstrates our Values to receive a Value In Practice (VIP) Award.
In return, you'll have excellent terms and conditions with access to a range of employee benefits and you will be eligible to become a Member of RBH.
We aim to be a modern mutual organisation, successful in delivering services that meet our customer’s needs and being a rewarding place for our colleagues to work. It recognises that the traditional office based Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm is not the work pattern that suits everyone and does not support continuous improvement in our service delivery that our tenants expect to receive.
A more agile, performance focused workforce supports this aspiration and by giving our colleagues increased flexibility in terms of when and how they work their contracted hours, this enables them to further contribute to our success.
Agile working fully supports our corporate values and in particular listening and responding to the needs of our members, tenants and employees. Our Agile Working Strategy recognises that work is not a place that people go to but a value that they deliver.
Benefits of working for RBH
- Holiday entitlement of 24 to 28 days a year depending on the grade of the post (increased by further 5 days after 5 years continuous service). Plus all the UK bank holidays
- Flexible Working Hours with our Work Life Balance scheme to enable colleagues combine work with other responsibilities and activities outside work
- Employee Support Group - RBH has an Employee Support Group who are a group of employees committed to contributing to the society’s principles and values. Their focus is to support colleagues who may have a number of frustrations in coping with symptoms of dyslexia, dyspraxia, irlen syndrome or other similar related conditions. They work in partnership with RBH to remove as many barriers as possible within the workplace to enable colleagues to fulfil their true potential.
- Many posts are able to enjoy regular Homeworking
- Modern Open Plan offices
- Royal London pension scheme – a quality defined contribution pension scheme where you can choose to pay either 4%, 6% or 8% contributions and RBH will match your contributions, together with a death in service benefit
- Eligibility to become a member of RBH – be a shareholder and have a say in decision making no matter what role you’re in
- Personal Development Agreements that will assist you to reach any personal promotion goals
- On site creche at Sandbrook House
- On site restaurant & coffee shop at Sandbrook House
- Free car parking at Sandbrook House and St Albans
- Paid two days volunteering for all colleagues to volunteer in the community or any other cause they have a particular interest in
- True Living Wage - RBH is a Living Wage employer. With the exception of our Apprenticeships and Trainees, we pay the Living Wage to our lowest graded posts to ensure everyone can afford the opportunity to provide for themselves and their families.
- Occupational MaternityLeave & Occupational Sick Pay to supplement statutory provisions
- Paid special leave provisions covering such issues as personal and domestic matters
- Access to First Care - a confidential professional health advice and absence recording service with qualified medical staff available for advice 24 hours a day
- Membership to Medicash, an award winning, not for profit health insurance provider including reimbursements for medical, optical and dental costs, access to 24-hour counselling and advice line
We're a living wage employer and we have been assessed as a Disability Confident Employer by Jobcentre Plus, recognising our adoption of a proactive approach to employing disabled people.
Any disabled person meeting the essential requirements of the job profile will be guaranteed an interview; final selection will be on merit. We also proactively use "Access To Work" to assist us in making reasonable adjustments for new employees who are disabled and those who have become disabled during their employment.
Prayer rooms are available for employees to use and we will always do our best to accomodate time off for religious observance.
We recognise the need to develop skills, knowledge and understanding to ensure that employees work as effectively as possible. Each year every employee meets with their manager to discuss and agree on any personal development opportunities that may be required.
Working with vulnerable customers
If you are applying for work with children, young people or vulnerable adults, RBH will do all that they can to make sure that you are a suitable person to work with these groups. We follow robust recruitment and vetting procedures to minimise the risk of employing anyone who might pose a risk or is otherwise unsuited to work with these groups. For posts involving work with vulnerable people you will be required to apply for an enhanced DBS check.
You should not apply to work with these groups if you know that you are barred from working with children or vulnerable adults.
How To Apply
Welcome to the jobs section of our website and thank you for your interest in working for RBH!
To view and apply for the latest vacancies please click on this link.
If you wish to be considered for any of the advertised posts you should click on the apply button and complete the online application process. You can also set up Job Alerts to be informed directly when we have a new vacancy.
If you would like to speak to a member of the HR team about the application process, please use the e-mail address Rbh.email@example.com or call on 01706 273706.
RBH is accredited by