Homelessness: Prevention and Advice
RBH run the borough’s homelessness service on behalf of Rochdale Borough Council. We are committed to working with the council and other partners to prevent people from becoming homeless and to help those who have lost their homes.
It is very important that you contact us as soon as possible if you fear you are at risk of becoming homeless as we may be able to prevent it from happening.
If you do become homeless we'll assess your circumstances under the relevant legislation.
The help we may be able to offer includes:
- Mediation work with your landlord or who you're staying with so you can remain there until you find somewhere else to live.
- Advice on your rights as a lodger or tenant.
- Housing options advice to help you find somewhere else to live.
- Help with debt or mortgage problems.
- Assisting you through the Housing Register or other housing agencies.
- Help with applications for Housing Benefit to cover your rent shortfall.
- Help if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Referring you to Independent Living with Support or housing related support.
We have temporary housing for people who are homeless including a families unit and single person’s unit and also flats throughout the borough. We also manage the travellers site at Pringle Street.
Homelessness: Contact Us
Our homelessness team is based at: St Alban's House, Drake Street, Rochdale, OL16 1UQ
Our opening hours are:
- 9.30am -3pm Monday, Tuesday and Fridays
- 1pm - 3pm on Wednesday and Thursdays
You can also contact the team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
During opening hours please call 0300 303 8548.
For out of hours enquiries please call 0300 303 8875.
If you are looking for a home with us or our partner housing associations, please visit our HomeChoice site.
Are you suffering from domestic abuse?
Everyday, hundreds of men and women in the UK are abused in their own homes. This abuse can be physical, sexual and/or emotional and can affect people of all ages, cultures and backgrounds.
If this is happening to you, you can get help, whether or not you have children. You will be able to discuss your options in confidence so please contact the homelessness team.